Choosing A Hair & Makeup Artist
Getting married is one of the biggest events in your life and looking great on your special day means being radiant, relaxed, and ready to start a new adventure with the person you love.
My passion is creating hair and makeup that enhances your inner fabulousness, that lasts from morning until night, making you feel like yourself, only prettier, sexier and as gorgeous as possible.
I get really excited when creating hair and makeup for brides to be, as there are so many trends to choose from, whether it be soft waves, a romantic up do or stepping back in time with a 1920’s or 30’s inspired look, there is a style for everyone.
Being a bride is like being a model for the day, you want to look amazing on your wedding day so choosing the right hair and makeup artist is so important, so checking they knows about lighting, so they can create a look that will look amazing in and out doors.
Soft & Pretty
You want to feel completely confident and relaxed while they create their magic to create your dream look, so you look fabulous when you walk down the aisle.
- A good makeup/hair artist wants to work with you to create your vision for your big day and will experiment with different looks and styles until you are totally happy. This will mean not changing your individual style, but allowing your natural beauty to shine through.
- You should always have an open and honest relationship with your makeup artist, so don’t be shy about your opinions.
- Some hair stylists can offer you options of using hair pieces, extensions or padding, so you they can create your dream hairstyle.
- If you know someone who looked fabulous on their wedding day – ask them who their makeup/hair artist was! Personal recommendations are always the best. Very often your wedding venue will have a list of makeup/hair artist’s that they recommend or you can search online. If you love natural pretty make-up, avoid a makeup/hair artist’s that has a portfolio full of dark smokey eyes and bright lips. If you find someone who is available, arrange a trial and make sure you take lots of images of looks that you love from magazines or pinterest www.pinterest.com is amazing for sharing ideas with you makeup artist.
- Make sure you makeup artist is used to working with lighting, as you want to make sure you makeup looks fantastic in and out doors.
- A good makeup/hair artist wants to work with you to create your vision for your big day and will experiment with different looks and styles until you are totally happy. This will mean not changing your individual style and allowing your natural beauty to shine through. You should always have an open and honest relationship with your makeup artist, so don’t be shy about your opinions.
- Once you find someone you like and who is available, arrange a trial and make sure you take lots of images of looks that you love from magazines or pinterest is amazing for sharing ideas with you makeup/hair artist.
- Your makeup/hair artist will supply a timetable for you and your bridal party so that everyone involved will know what is happening on the morning of the wedding. This will ensure things run smoothly on the day.
Your Makeup Look
- If your wedding dress is soft, romantic and pretty, a heavy smoky sexy make-up is not going to compliment your dress. Even if you LOVE this style of make-up, you will need to soften it slightly so that it works with the gown.
- Looking towards the main source of light in whatever environment you’re in – whether indoors by a window, or outdoors in the sun is the best way to flatter your complexion in photos and will give you a flawless glow.
- If you want that extra polished or intricate look for your wedding day then make sure your hairstylist has lots of bridal hair experience. Bridal hair styling is very creative, so it’s important to find somebody who has the right abilities and passion to style your hair in the way you want.
- Be open to wear a hairpiece or clip in hair extensions to create the extra volume needed even if you are going to wear your hair up. Your hairdresser will be able to recommend a good brand or have pieces to hire
Allow plenty of time before your wedding to select a stylist, ideally six months to a year. If there’s someone you must have, book them as soon as you know your wedding date.
Catherine Elizabeth wants you to feel fabulous on your wedding day. So hope you find our guide to finding your perfect makeup/hair artist for their wedding day a little easier.
You want to feel like yourself, only prettier, sexier and radiant.
“People will stop and star so make it worth their while”